“Giftedness is not what you do or how hard you work. It is who you are. You think differently. You experience life intensely. You care about injustice. You seek meaning. You appreciate and strive for the exquisite. You are painfully sensitive. You are extremely complex. You cherish integrity. Your truth-telling has gotten you in trouble. Should 98% of the population find you odd, seek the company of those who love you just the way you are. You are not broken. You do not need to be fixed. You are utterly fascinating. Trust yourself!”

Linda Silverman~Gifted Development Center Denver


Tuesday 4 June 2013

I feel pretty, oh so pretty!



I was so excited about my new blog design I could hardly sleep last night.  It felt like Christmas eve when I was 5 years old! Barb Leyne the fantastic teacher/designer behind GradeOnederful and Rubyslippersblogdesigns emailed me last night to say my new blog design would be up and running when I woke up today!  

I am ECSTATIC with the way it turned out!  Who would have thought that my ideas and Barb's creativity would have worked together so well!  I just had to post this to say…THANKS BARB!  I love, love, love it!  

Click on image to go to Barb's page.

Barb was super easy to work with.  She sent me a questionnaire and then spent time going back and forth about colours and design options with me.  She even created a great Scroll to the Top button for me.  This gave her an opportunity to learn something new and I could not be more thrilled with the results.  Barb was helpful, full of ideas and suggestions and respectful of my vision every step of the way!

 Hop over to either of Barb's blogs and give her some love for me! She has made a time in my life that is really difficult much better by being a friend and by doing such an amazing job!



I wanted to add  Barb to the shout out your Blog Designer Linky presented by The Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher.  Click on the image above to see Ms.Wainright's new design and read about other great blog designers!


UPDATE:  July 2nd, 2013 Barb is having a great giveaway for a custom blog design!  This is an awesome prize!  Click on the image below to visit Ruby Slipper Designs and enter!





20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tiffany blue! Can you tell? I also love sparkly stuff. I have the red crystal apple from Swarovski and the heart necklace from Tiffany. I am so happy with my choices and Barb did such an awesome job! This really does feel like a GIFT...to myself:) Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment, I really appreciate the feedback!
      Sidney

      Delete
  2. Awesome new design! I love the apple! It adds some bling! The countdown is on to school and I am thinking good thoughts for you to have some downtime soon! I hope your bag still makes you smile. Best wishes for a calm end of the school year.

    Jen B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen,
      I so love the bag you have no idea. I am going to have to get a new one for fall in a darker colour. I can hold everything in it! And I have to say, the mini-lanyard for keys is the the most brilliant item ever! Makes it so easy to carry my keys, and my coffee! I hope you are having a good week. My kiddos are writing EQAO all week. I have a PA day on Friday for reporting. Mine are due on Monday. How bout yours?
      Have a great weekend, and thanks again for everything!
      Sidney

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much! I love it too! I am so glad that I found Barb from RubySlippers Blog Designs. She's a teacher here in Canada too! She did an awesome job! I could not be happier. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment:)
    Sidney

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are so pretty. Especially love the apple bling.
    Tammy
    Primary Paradise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy! I have a red blinged out apple from Swarovski which was my inspiration. I appreciate you dropping by and leaving a comment! Have a great day!
      Sidney

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the fabulous shout-out, Sidney! You're a sweetie:))

    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a sweetie! I really do love my new design...you outdid yourself this time! Have a great rest of the week. I appreciate everything you did for me!
      Sidney

      Delete
  6. I love it!! Two of my favorite things- jewelry from Tiffany's and the color red!

    Aimee
    aimee@vanmiddlesworth.org
    Pencils, Books, and Dirty Looks

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favourite things too! Don't you love how Barb took all the things I love and made them into a fantastic blog design? She did an awesome job! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a lovely comment, I appreciate it!
    Sidney

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Brandee! Thanks for stopping by and checking out my "makeover"! I have always wanted a personal makeover, but this is as close as I have ever come. I am really pleased with the outcome! Barb Leyne of RubySlippersBlogDesigns did an awesome job! Have a great week!
      Sidney

      Delete
  9. I LOVE the Tiffany blue!! Your blog looks beautiful, looking forward to your posts!

    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Sue! I love that you have a science blog...that is my personal teaching passion! I love anything hands-on in particular, it really gets the kids motivated and engaged. You have lots of great ideas on your blog, I enjoy reading it!
      Sidney

      Delete
  10. Your blog is beautiful, I am in LOVE with the color scheme! So glad that I found you. My school district is moving to a gifted cluster model instead of the pull out program we have been using for over 25 years. I have been asked to teach the 3rd grade gifted cluster at my school and I am excited and nervous. I look forward to reading your posts and checking out your resources!
    Jennifer
    www.theblessedteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so pleased you found my blog too! Thanks for the compliments. I still love to just look at all the pretty bling on the page now! Congrats on your job teaching the gifted cluster. We don't start the ISP (intensive support program) for gifted in my board until grade 4. I am sure you will find lots of resources and ideas to help you along the way. I intend to write some blog posts specific to teaching gifted this summer. Hope you drop by and give me some feedback.
    Have a great weekend!
    Sidney

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for linking up! I absolutely LOVE your blog design : ) In fact, I have the silver Tiffany's apple on my to buy list to celebrate the end of the school year : ) Stop by and visit again!

    The Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for linking up! I love your blog design! Very classy : )

    Stop by soon,
    The Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher

    ReplyDelete