“Giftedness is not what you do or how hard you work. It is who you are. You think differently. You experience life intensely. You care about injustice. You seek meaning. You appreciate and strive for the exquisite. You are painfully sensitive. You are extremely complex. You cherish integrity. Your truth-telling has gotten you in trouble. Should 98% of the population find you odd, seek the company of those who love you just the way you are. You are not broken. You do not need to be fixed. You are utterly fascinating. Trust yourself!”

Linda Silverman~Gifted Development Center Denver


Sunday 31 March 2013

What's Cooking Good Looking?

I saw this salad on Pinterest and I was really intrigued. I LOVE avocados, I love chicken and I love cilantro and lime. I also happened to have everything except the chicken in my fridge. I found the actual recipe HERE on a blog called The Salted Paleo.  Her blog contains lots of healthy, tasty recipes which I intend to go back and try out.

I don't follow any specific diet or eating plan. I eat what appeals to me and is generally healthy (I know last week's soup does not qualify as healthy BUT it was fantastic! I ate really small portions which were very satisfying). 

This has to be the BEST chicken salad I have ever eaten and it has nothing unhealthy in it!  I love the tang of the cilantro and lime juice, and the creaminess of the avocado.  This salad kept well in the fridge at work inside a sealed container. 

For lunches, I mixed it with some chopped romaine, grape tomatoes, and sliced cucumber.  No need for dressing.  YUMMY!  I had enough to share with other people on staff and still got several lunches out of it.  I will be making this again and again.

The recipe calls for you to cook the chicken breasts. I simply bought a rotisserie chicken at the supermarket.  I removed the breasts, then boned, skinned and shredded them. Worked like a charm and my hubby at the rest of the chicken for a meal.  


I think I might even try making this using some leftover turkey from Easter..if there is any leftover!


Avocado Chicken Salad: 

Cook chicken breast until done, let cool, and then shred. Mix with all other ingredients.


post signature
 

2 comments:

  1. I pinned this recipe too! Thanks for sharing about how yummy it is! I will have to make it soon!

    :) Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,
    You have to try it! It is so good. I am serious about trying it with turkey. If there is any leftover today, I'll substitute that in the salad for the chicken. I bet it will be awesome!
    Sidney

    ReplyDelete