- an introduction
- a brief outline of what we curriculum topics we will be covering in class this year
- a visual list of "suggested" school supplies (students in my district do not have to purchase items but I have found that most students bring things anyhow, so they might as well have my suggestions)
- an overview of my "mission for the class"
- my behaviour policy
- my district's homework policy and my views on homework
- a closing wishing a great rest of the summer to the students and their families
- a link to my classroom website
I have found over the years that this letter sets the tone for my interactions with the students and families for the year. They know a little about me (they can read my bio on my classroom website) and they know we are going to have fun and work hard!
If you would like to download an EDITABLE copy of my letter for this year please visit me at Welcome Back to School Letter on TPT.
All I have to do now is stuff the pre-addressed envelopes and buy some stamps. I usually send home this letter the last week of August. I keep extra copies at school the first week for new students or students who have moved during the summer months!
I hope you are enjoying the rest of your summer, and that my letter might inspire you to try something new this year too!