“Giftedness is not what you do or how hard you work. It is who you are. You think differently. You experience life intensely. You care about injustice. You seek meaning. You appreciate and strive for the exquisite. You are painfully sensitive. You are extremely complex. You cherish integrity. Your truth-telling has gotten you in trouble. Should 98% of the population find you odd, seek the company of those who love you just the way you are. You are not broken. You do not need to be fixed. You are utterly fascinating. Trust yourself!”

Linda Silverman~Gifted Development Center Denver


Wednesday 18 July 2012

Summer Project from Pinterest #2


Recently I saw some cute bubble gum containers used as eraser dispensers on Pinterest but I thought to myself...yeah right that won't work.  Well yesterday I was I EFADS (Everything for a Dollar or More) picking up something else, and I saw a little plastic bubble gum machine for $1.25.  I also saw a package of the colourful end of the pencil erasers for $2.  I thought "what the heck?" and bought them.  Brought them home and put the erasers in the bubble gum dispenser and low and behold...it does work!  It's not perfect, you sometimes have to shake the dispenser (and of course the lid came flying off and the erasers flew everywhere....the dogs and my hubby wondered what was going on) to get the erasers to come out, but for $3.25 I am stoked.  It will look really cute with my other new finds (my NO  NAME sign, my teacher organizer) and whatever I decide to do with the really cute mini blackboards I bought yesterday.  I couldn't resist!

Here is the finished product on display in my classroom at the end of August: